The City of Camden Civil Service Commission will
conduct an open competitive examination for the
position of Fire Fighter at 8:00 A.M. on Saturday,
February 24, 2018 at the Camden Police
Department- Training Room located at #1 Police
Drive, Camden, AR.
Applications will be accepted until 5
PM on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and may be
obtained online at www.camden.ar.gov, or picked up
at Camden Fire Department, 140 Van Buren NW,
Camden, Arkansas 71701, or by calling Donna Stewart,
City Clerk at (870) 836 6436.
• Citizen of the United States High School graduate or
• Be between the ages of 21 and 35
• Felony convictions are disqualifying
• Must pass a physical agility exam
• Must pass a thorough physical examination and
• Pass a thorough background investigation
• Must pass Fire Fighter entrance examination and be
interviewed by the Civil Service Commission
• Must successfully complete Firefighter Standards
Course at the Arkansas Fire Academy within 12
months of employment.
• Starting salary range is $30K to $33K after a year.
• Uniform allowance $700.00 annually.
• Educational Incentive Pay up to 10% of base salary
(based on college credit hours).
• Certificate Pay up to 10% of base salary.
• Annual vacation (accrue 192 hours vacation leave
annually first yr.).
• Sick leave benefits (accrue 360 hours per year)
• Health and Life Insurance premiums for the employee
and majority of family coverage are paid by the City of
• Excellent retirement benefits
Marie Trisollini, Mayor
City of Camden
Location/Region: Camden, AR